Dynamic retargeting is a technology that allows to show users only those products or services that he was interested in earlier. In other words, the user visits the advertiser's site, views several products, the system remembers it, and on another site shows him a banner with the goods that he has viewed. The user, seeing the desired product in the banner, returns to the advertiser's site and makes a purchase.
How to get started
To work on dynamic retargeting, you need to take the following steps:
- Get access to work on retargeting in the Kadam system. Contact your account manager for access.
- Create a retargeting list and install the resulting code on all pages of your site. Detailed information here
- Indicate the URL of the base of your products in the settings for the retargeting list. The base must be provided in xml format. Read more here.
- Create campaign in which you select the necessary regreting lists.
- Create and upload a dynamic banner to your ad campaign.
After completing all the above steps and loading a dynamic banner into the campaign, this banner will be shown to users who are interested in any products on your site. The content of the banner will change automatically, depending on the interests of the user to whom it is currently displayed. The data in the banner is pulled up from the database of goods, the link to which is specified in the settings of the retargeting list.
Dynamic retargeting with your own user base
If you have your own user base, you can create a list of retargeting according to the principle of cookie-match. In this case, you associate your users with ours for later showing them the promotional materials of your campaign.
This version of the work implies that you have your own HTML5 banner with dynamic content, which depends on the interests of the user represented in your database.